Today I am doing a product review of some of my favorite Gluten Free and Vegan products! And I have tried MANY different Organic and gluten free products! Enough of them for my husband to say, “I hope you find something you like soon!” LOL!!
I saw these products for the first time at my Doctor’s office and tried the SPF 15 sunscreen/moisturizer. I liked it, so I bought some more. Then I saw they had some facial scrub and decided to try it too. After reading the directions on the scrub, I decided to try and find the Tea Tree oil facial cleansing pads that my doctor’s office didn’t carry and purchased them through desertessence.com. So, I started using them all in a cleansing regimen. I used the scrub, then the tea tree oil pads, and then the SPF 15 moisturizer/sunscreen.
My skin is very sensitive and gets even more sensitive when I am pregnant. I used this regimen while I was pregnant
with my Baby Girl (my second baby) and my skin never peeled or was too oily or dry!
Recently, after a little bit of research on their website, I decided to start using their facial wash for sensitive skin instead of the scrub and their moisturizing cream instead of the SPF lotion. So now my regimen is facial wash, tea tree oil cleaning pads, then moisturing cream. These seem to help my face wih dryness more in the winter when it’s cold and web are running the heater and/or fireplace. So far I really like the new regimen!
I use a lot of their products! So many, in fact, I decided to take a picture of all of the ones we use here in our home. I feel so confident about their products and enjoy them so much, I had to tell people about them! I am posting the picture of the products we are using now. And will follow it with a list of the products and what I like about them. The list follows the products from left to right starting with the blue bottle on the far left.
Here is a picture of all of the different products I use from Desert Essence…
1) Fragrance Free Hand and Body Cream – I just bought is a few weeks ago and I have really enjoyed using it! I don’t like it when lotion leaves my skin feeling greasy and this cream definitely does not leave any greasy feeling on my skin! And this is a great lotion for me because, Htd as I said earlier in the post, I am very sensitive to fragrances and it has not irritated my skin at all!
2) Coconut Hand Wash – Sorry about the picture, you can’t see it too well becasue i had to squeeze all of the products into a small space. A few weeks ago, desertessence.com had a sale in which you could buy one of these and get one free. So I bought 4 of them to try out. They have 4 fragrances: coconut, grapefruit, lavender and vanilla chai. I didn’t get vanilla chai. I’m not a fan of vanilla scented things, so I doubled up on the grapefruit fragrance. So far, eh are great and haven’t been too much fragrance on my hands.
3) Organic Jojoba Oil – I use this as an eye make-up remover, but the back of the bottle says you can use it for after sun care, a skin softener for cuticle and feet, and for a scalp treatment. I works really well on waterproof make-up as well.
4) Lemon Tea Tree Conditioner – This conditioner is great for oily hair. My scalp gets oily sometimes, so I used the conditioner when I use the same formula shampoo. It is a very light weight conditioner, so it won’t weigh your hair down. It’s great for people who have thin hair.
5) Daily Essential Moisturizer – This is some awesome stuff! As I died before, I don’t really like things that feel greasy on my skin and this moisturizer feels great and make up goes on very smoothly over it.
6) Gentle Nourishing Organic Cleanser – I just started using this and it is amazing stuff! It does not smell sage like several other washes that I’ve used. It also has apple juice and aloe in it so it is very soothing. I imagine that it would be really good as an after sun wash as well.
7) Coconut Shampoo – This shampoo smells wonderful! It also cleans my hair without drying it out. My scalp tends to be a little oil and e ends dry, so I often use the tea tree oil shampoo with the coconut conditioner and it works well on my hair. It keeps it balance and that way I don’t have to wash my hair every day.
8) Natural Tea Tree Oil Cleansing Pads – Out of all of the products I have listed on here, these HAVE got to be my favorite!! After I wash my face I clean them with one or two of these pads and it really works well to remove all of the dirt and oil. I am amazed at the amount of dirt it removes even when I don’t wear any makeup.
9) Toothpaste – We have two types of the toothpaste that we use. Desert essence actually make 3 favors: Peppermint, Wintergreen and Ginger. We like them all, but we mostly use the peppermint and the wintergreen flavors. All three flavors are SLS free, gluten free and fluoride free. They are fabulous and leave your mouth feeling super fresh!
10) Daily Essential Defense Lotion SPF 15 – This was the first product I ever tried from Desert Essence. We were going to be taking a trip to Galveston and I wanted a sunscreen that wouldn’t aggravate my son’s eczema, so my Doc recommended this one to us. I put it on him at the beach and he didn’t burn and his skin still looked good. Eventually I started using it as a daily moisturizer and I loved it because (again) it didn’t make my face feel oily (Or make me flash back to my teenage years).
Oops!!! I forgot one of my favorite products…
No, not the diaper or the wipes, the diaper cream. It is called Don’t Be Rash Diaper Cream and it is amazing! My daughter is a breast-fed baby and tends to get diaper rash pretty easily. When I put this on her the rash clears up in a few hours and works much Bette compared to a couple of other name brand creams I have used on her. And the cool part is there are only 5 ingredients in it!
I hope you have found this informative and I hope you decide to give their products a try. They are very affordable and you can mix and match many of their products to make a person skin care regimen for yourself!
Have a great Valentine’s Day!